This summer we are showing off our resources for the School of Information Technology at Ivy Tech Fort Wayne. These resources are available to our registered students.
Our library computers have the software IT students need, including Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, NetBeans IDE, CyberDuck, Raptor, Microsoft Access, Autodesk AutoCAD, and Business Plan Pro. We also have study rooms and commons areas set up for students to demonstrate and collaborate on group projects.
For books on hot topics and scholarly research in IT we have Skillsoft and Springer ebooks specialized collections, and our other collections like Ebook Central are strong in computer science, information technology, and mathematics. The titles displayed are just the tip of the iceberg, selected by our library intern Andrea Broxon and our student worker Than Khine to pique interest.
Research and trends in IT move so quickly, articles are the way to keep up. Our many databases provide access to the latest and greatest peer-reviewed and trade publications, and our staff will help you find what you need to stay current.
We have printed books, study guides, and online services that will prepare you for certificate exams like CompTIA and Microsoft Office Specialist.
Andrea Broxon helped design and set up this display. Andrea just graduated from our Library Technical Assistant program and we know that she has a bright future ahead. Thank you and Congratulations, Andrea!
A new collection of videos in our Films on Demand subscription will be of special interest to our Human Services faculty and students. Counseling & Social Work adds 135 videos to other relevant content in the Sociology collection.
Broad topics are: Counseling approaches; Counseling skills; Diverse Clients; Professional Issues; Psychoactive Medications; Social Issues; and Social Work Practice. Integrative interventions, art therapy, and therapy animals are covered. The wide range of formats includes lecture-style explanations, demonstrations of techniques, training videos, reports, and documentaries.
This video set demonstrates numerous techniques using male and female models. It covers the entire body thoroughly and offers practical advice throughout the video. Unlike other videos, massage instructor both performs the massage and explains the techniques at the same time. The set includes:
- Ultimate Face, Scalp, Neck & Shoulder Massage RA 780 .U488 2004
- Essentials of Swedish Massage RM 721 .E88 2003
- Deep Tissue Massage: Pelvic Girdle QM 161 .D44 2008
- Deep Tissue Massage: Shoulder Girdle RM 721 .D44 2008
- Deep Tissue Massage: Extremities RM 721 .D44 2008
- Art & Practice of Stone Massage RA 780 .A782 2005
- Comprehensive Reflexology & Massage: The Hand RM 723 .R43 C67 2005
- Therapeutic Breast Massage RM 721 .T44 2007
- Complete Guide to Full Body Chair Massage RM 721 .C65 2006
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage Therapy: Face & Neck RM 723.L96 L96 2013
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage Therapy: Body RM 723 .L96 L96 2010
- Nurturing Pregnancy Massage: Techniques I RM 721 .N87 2008
- Nurturing Pregnancy Massage: Techniques II RM 721 .N87 2008
- Craniosacral Therapy Techniques RZ 399 .C73 C73 2010
- Myofascial Release Techniques RM 723 .M96 2010
As one of America’s leading educators on dementia, Teepa Snow’s philosophy is reflective of her education, work experience, available medical research, and first hand caregiving interactions. Working as a Registered Occupational Therapist for over 30 years her wealth of experience has led her to develop Positive Approach™ to Care techniques and training models that now are used by families and professionals working or living with dementia or other brain changes throughout the world.
Teepa Snow DVDs
- It’s All in Your Approach RC 521 .I89 2011 (125 MH)
- Art of Caregiving RC 521 .A78 2011 (126 MH)
- Lewy Body Dementia: What Everyone Needs to Know RC 521 .L49 2013 (127 MH)
- Filling the Day with Meaning RC 521 .F555 2011 (128 MH)
- End of Life Care & Letting Go RC 521 .E53 2012 (129 MH)
- Improving Emergency Services for Dementia Patients RC 521 .I49 2012 (130 MH)
- Journey of Dementia RC 521 .J687 2011 (131 MH)
- Understanding Frontotemporal Dementia RC 521 .U53 2014 (132 MH)
- Progression of Dementia: Seeing Gems, Not Just Loss RC 521 .P7647 2011 (133 MH)
Test subjects tire of eating beets and watermelon every day. Chocolate contains flavonoids that also reduce blood pressure—but consumption should be restricted to two squares of dark chocolate per day.
Experience the amazing and delectable delights of chocolate… Plunge your senses into the world of master chocolatier Patrick Roger–from the lab where this audacious artist creates his luxurious chocolate gems, to Ecuador and the source of the finest quality beans. Meet pastry chef Thierry, whose cocoa-coated gourmet universe produces textures and flavors to seduce and surprise the palate-cocoa spring rolls, chocolate bonbons with foie gras… Discover the health benefits of chocolate, from anti-aging serums to treatments for cavities and even cancer! A truly wondrous decadence.
27-part Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) series features realistic scenarios and professional EMT’s who demonstrate treatment skills for various medical and trauma related emergencies. Clearly defined training objectives combined with high-quality video and 3-D graphics create powerful and engaging training tools that help meet national, state and local training requirements for EMS personnel.
These programs support current popular EMS text books and were developed using the most recent and accepted emergency care protocols, including the Department of Transportations’ National EMS Education Standards, NREMT skills and relevant OSHA and NFPA standards. Content and course oversight was also provided by a program committee of highly qualified Doctors, EMS educators, pre-hospital care providers.
All ATS on-line interactive EMT courses are CECBEMS (Continuing Education Coordinating Board for EMS) approved and accepted by the National Registry of EMTs (NREMT), as well as in most states.