The Complete Guide to Injury Prevention and Ergonomics for Manual Therapists
By Lauriann Greene
Call number: RM721 .G776 2008
View in IvyCat
The physically demanding work manual therapists do puts them at risk for musculoskeletal injury. But injury is not inevitable. Save Your Hands! 2nd Edition gives manual therapists the proven injury prevention and ergonomics strategies and tips they need to protect their health and prolong their careers. Whether you’re a student or an experienced practitioner in any of the hands-on treatment professions (massage, PT, OT, nursing, chiropractic, etc.), this indispensable guide will help you save not only your hands, but also your back, neck, shoulders and emotional well-being throughout a long, healthy career.
In an accessible, richly-illustrated format, Save Your Hands! 2nd Edition shows you how to:
* Design your treatment space so you can work safely and efficiently
* Find alternative techniques to protect vulnerable parts of your body
* Improve body mechanics to reduce stress and increase comfort as you work
* Stay in shape with a physical conditioning program developed specifically for manual therapists
* Recognize early symptoms and address them effectively before they lead to injury.